Thursday, May 17, 2012
$600 bright 400 s.f. studio for rent starting in June in a great art building in Bushwick. It is a 10 minute walk from the Jefferson stop on the L train.
I am sub-letting a portion of my 1700 s.f space and this is a great studio with lots of wall space and 14’ ceilings. The end of the space is a wall of windows. There are near-by bathrooms and a 24 hour freight elevator.
There are 5 studios in the space with other fun artists. I will also consider dividing the space in half with two 200 s.f. spaces at $300 each.
Utilities are not included, but are only about $40/month for the 600 sf.
I will have a slightly smaller space for $250 available in July.
Candidates must have a strong artistic background including a fine arts, design or architectural background. A completed professional portfolio should be submitted if applicable.
Display Artist candidates must also possess:
- Ability to develop three-dimensional work, installation capabilities, and possess excellent construction craftsmanship skills
- Experience with building and a proficiency in power tool usage
- Talent and interest in artwork, painting and paper hanging
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY:
- Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept
- Interpret Company direction and updates to ensure displays create an artistic, visionary and unique environment that has a positive impact on sales
- Ensure excellent craftsmanship throughout all windows and displays
- Utilize seasonal books to interpret the inspiration of the floor set by using knowledge of the customer and location while infusing personal artistic and cultural interests