DEADLINE: JANUARY 9th at midnight
SOHO2O Gallery Chelsea is a non-profit artist run gallery that has been promoting the work of women artists since 1973 through gallery exhibitions and public programming. As part of our continued commitment to the arts we initiated a 3 month studio residency program for visual artists.
The studio space is located at 547 West 27th Street, in the heart of the Chelsea art community of New York City. The setting offers a community of art professionals and commercial as well as non-profit galleries and art spaces. The studio's proximity to the contemporary art center makes it a convenient place to see renowned exhibitions in the neighborhood, as well as arranging studio visits with gallerists, critics and curators.
What the residency offers:
- Three-month studio residency. Work space only, artist must have separate housing arrangements.
- The studio is located within SOHO20 Gallery. It is a private studio space that measures 26×9 feet. The studio offers 13 foot ceilings and over 40 feet of workable wall space.
- Access to the studios 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. *Occasionally artist will need to coordinate use with scheduled gallery events.
- Opportunities to present works to curators, critics, arts professionals, and the general public.
- Artists are encouraged to present finished work to the public near the end of the residency with a gallery-sponsored OPEN STUDIO event with an optional artists talk.
- Application is open to both men and women artists.