West Nottingham Academy
Eric Fischl ’66 Artist-in-Residence Teaching Program
2015-16 School Year
West Nottingham Academy alumnus and world renowned artist, Eric Fischl ’66 established the Eric Fischl Artist-in-Residence Teaching Program as a collaborative project between West Nottingham Academy (WNA) and the New York Academy of Art (NYAA). Each year, three MFA graduates from NYAA will be selected, one for each trimester of the Residency.
Residency will run for 10-12 weeks during each of Nottingham’s trimesters as follows:
· August 31 – November 18, 2015 (12 weeks)
· November 30, 2015 – March 2, 2016 (12 weeks – school closed 12/20/2015-1/3/2016)
· March 21 – May 27, 2016 (10 weeks)
Each Resident will be provided the following:
· $8,000 stipend per artist (paid through WNA payroll) – Stipend includes travel, supplies, personal expenses, etc.
· Personal studio space near art room and resources
· Modest accommodations in a WNA apartment or guest room, including Internet
· Meals in the WNA dining hall while school is in session
Residency encompasses the following responsibilities:
· Teaching 2 courses (coordinated through Trish Kuhlman based on skill set)
· Display of Artist’s work in WNA’s Gates Gallery space during residency begins, and presentation of work to the community following the residence
· Deliver/facilitate one community-based lecture or workshop
· Travel with school as needed for various classes
Artists are chosen based on the following areas of expertise:
Fall Trimester – Drawing, Painting and Color Theory
Winter Trimester – 3D Sculpture or Ceramics *
Spring Trimester – Printmaking, Digital Media or Photography *
*Note: Winter and Spring are interchangeable
Please note, as a condition of the residency, all resident artists must submit to a State of Maryland Criminal Background check as required by Maryland Law, and must provide a transcript from an accredited college or university indicating the conferring of a degree.
Interested alumni should submit:
· Five images of current work (72 dpi)
· One-page artist statement describing your work
· One-page pedagogical statement outlining your approach to teaching
· Current CV
· Cover letter specifying the discipline you would be applying to teach and the trimester you would prefer to teach
Deadline to submit March 11, 2015
Finalists will be notified by mid-April 2015.
Please submit all materials to email@example.com